Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Friday, 7 June 2013

Easy 3 Minute Nutella And White Choc Chip Microwave Cake


Hello I got this really easy microwave cake recipe for you today, it is the quickest and easiest cake ever, I’m sure a lot of you have heard of the microwave cake in a mug, well I have just token that recipe and just replaced the mug with a slightly larger cereal bowel so that my family of 4 could all have 1 generous size of cake each. It honestly tasted so good and was soo soft and moist inside you would never guess it was made inside of a microwave lol, So here’s what you need and how I made it. 


Ingredients

  • Self raising flour 
  • Caster sugar 
  • Coco powder (Optional, you can replace with any flavour powder) 
  • Olive Oil (Or Vegetable oil)   
  • Milk 
  • 1 Egg 
  • Nutella 
  • White choc chips (Optional, put anything you want in!) 


Put 4 heaped table spoons of self raising flour in your bowel, (make sure you use self raising as I have tried all purpose flour and didn’t really work) 



Put 2-3 table spoons of sugar in depending on how sweet you want it 




Put 4 heaped table spoons of coco powder in (I actually used Hollicks powder as I didn’t have coco powder which explains why the powder is so light) 


Mix all the dry ingredients together making sure that there are no lumps 


Put in a dash of milk and olive oil (maybe 4-5 table spoons sorry I eyed it) 


Crack 1 egg in to the bowel 


Mix up really well 


Put in as much nutella as you wish (I just put in 2 big spoon fulls) 



Mix up well and put in your choc chips (you can put in anything you wish here experiment, you could put in nuts, dried fruit, broken Oreos, dark chocolate)  


Finally mix up really well until you have a nice runny mixture that looks like a cake batter 




Place in the microwave for 3mins (I have a 800w microwave so depending on your microwave decrease the time if you have a higher powdered microwave – Or increase the time if you have a lower powdered microwave

To see if the cake is done gently place a fork into the cake and pull it out – if the fork comes out clean its done! – if not put back in for another 30-50 seconds (IMPORTANT DO NOT OVERCOOK IT!, IT WILL TURN HARD AND DISGUSTING) I suggest you don’t go over 5-6 mins or the cake will turn hard – (speaking from personal experience)  

Here is the completed cake, I just put some sugar on top to make it look appealing and to hide some air bubbles on top of the cake- you can easily melt some chocolate over the whole cake and decorate to your liking like I said before experiment as you will find the best things to do to suit you. 





Hope you enjoyed and let me know if you tried this and how it went 




6 comments:

  1. This look lovely and easy!
    I might try this late.

    You have a lovely blog :)

    Kah-Feh Yen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is, and thank you so much xx

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks yummy! I am going to have to try this one. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the follows...I am your newest follower now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx