Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review | Worth The Hype?


£30.50 Link Here 















Hello lovelies, now I am sure what most of you will be thinking “not another Nars sheer glow review” I don’t blame you this has to be the most talked about foundation in the beauty community, from bloggers featuring it in their favourites and reviews to the YouTube beauty gurus raving about it in their tutorials. I took the plunge and purchased it as I was completely convinced this is the perfect foundation and wanted to see if it lived up to my expectations. 

At first when I applied this I wore it without a primer and I wasn’t that excited it looked nice but it wasn’t all that, however after trying it with a primer underneath I was so happy with the lovely finish it gave I loved it! This shows how much of an impact a primer can make. I have fallen in love with the foundation like everyone else who loves it too. The foundation is a medium coverage foundation which gives a slight glow to the skin, it is not sheer for anyone being fooled by the name.  

I was matched to the shade Barcelona at the Nars counter, I actually choose the shade myself as the lady at the counter put on 3 shades on my skin and asked me to pick the one I feel happy with most, which I prefer as I hate when beauty consultants choose your shade when its completely wrong, the Nars consultant also advised me to go into the light and see if I was happy which I was really impressed about. Overall my experience at the Nars counter was very good I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all or pressured to buy anything, she gave me some samples too and also told me to bring in a little sample pot next time to put samples in. 




What I love about the foundation 

♡  Goes on like a dream, the foundation melts into your skin so nicely, it has a medium yet build-able coverage which does not cake up! which I was so happy about, I hate when foundation just sits on top of your skin. I loved how it really looked like my skin but better. You can build up the coverage to cover any blemishes and spots. It gives a nice nearly matte yet slightly dewy finish, it is not oily at all which is the best part of the foundation for me. 

♡ fragrance free – products with fragrance in does not normally  bother me but with foundation it is a concern since there is more of a chance of your skin reacting to it. With this I didn’t break out at all which is a good sign since I always tend to break out when trying out new foundations. It also has no spf so no bright white flash back when your on your night out. 

♡ lasts all day on the skin, I was very impressed with its staying power, I personally think you know a good foundation when your blush and bronzer stay fresh on the skin, which with me did even in the heat. Normally my bronzer and blush fade as the day goes by but with this foundation underneath my skin looked fresh. My face did go a tiny bit oily but it was not obvious at all, the foundation gives a lovely slight glow to the skin but overall looks matte which I love as I don’t like really dewy foundations , so if you have oily skin don’t be scared to try this because I have very oily skin, with a powder on top you are sorted as then it looks like a matte foundation and you get no shine.  

Wearing NARS Sheer Glow (Natural Sunlight)



My only disappointment

There is no pump! A £30 foundation with a lovely glass bottle and they couldn’t put in a pump, even the drugstore foundations have a pump!, this was my main annoyance with the foundation, you are able to purchase a pump for it separately but they were all out of stock when I checked so I have to tip the bottle on to my hand which can lead to wasting product or putting too much on the face. This is the only con of this foundation but if you can get past that this foundation is amazing. 



My overall thoughts about this foundation is that it is definitely worth the hype, its finish and staying powder have completely converted me to a Nars Sheer Glow fan girl. My only suggestions would be to invest in a good primer and if you have oily skin a good powder to make the most of the foundation and its finish. Also I know the foundation will last me a long time as a little goes a long way so being a high price point at £30 I think it is worth it as you don’t need to use much.  



Have you tried this foundation, what were you experiences? Let me know what your thoughts are and if you would purchase it ^_^



20 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, we don't have a Nars counter near me though :( I cannot wait to go to a bigger shopping centre so I can get colour matched for a Nars and Mac foundation :) xxxfrecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww i have to travel abit as well to get to the bigger shopping centers but it is worth it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Looks gorgeous, love NARS packages
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou and there packaging is lovley ^_^ x

      Delete
  3. I would DEFINITELY love to purchase this! But it's quite a splurge and don't really use foundation :( I'd probably ask for a sample first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree it is quite pricey especially if you dont wear foundation alot, definitely ask for a sample take a small pot with you in case they have none xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try this foundation but I don't understand why it doesn't have a pump for £30?
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right i dont know what nars are thinking! get a sample hopefully you wont be disappointed x

      Delete
  5. I've alwayssss wanted to get this foundation! It's Kim Kardashian's favourite and she uses it all the time. Hmmmm after reading this review I might get it. I hate it when they don't include a pump though! ah :(

    Great post xx

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouu and definitely try it get a sample to see if you like it, and i know its so annoying i dont know what nars are thinking :( xx

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing! I love sheer foundations :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry its not a sheer foundation, like i said don't be fooled by the name :)

      Delete
  7. This is probably the most helpful foundation review I've read in age, really well done! I've always wondered about this foundation, sometimes I feel like I NEED IT IN MY LIFE OMG, sometimes it's just "eh". But now, reading your review, I will definitely go check it out next time I'm near a NARS counter! xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou! and I know how you feel I felt the exact same when reading reviews but I had to just check it out myself, and thats great you will love it xx

      Delete
  8. I might try this out! I have heard so much about it but I wasn't too sure. I get what you mean about the pump. The Revlon Colourstay doesn't have one wither and I love it but for a £30 foundation there definitely should be one!xo
    Teeniolect
    Teeniolect on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know what you mean nars should really fix up, but the foundation is worth it defo worth checking it xx

      Delete
  9. You just made me want to try this even more. I've been a little hesitant because of the price, but I have heard nothing but great things about it. I was also confused about the "sheer" part haha! I think I migh have to go pick one up and put it to the test :) Lovely blog!


    p.s I saw you look on Teeniolect for the Fall inspired makeup look and it was amazing!You have an incredible talent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thankyou so much your so sweet ^.^ xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx