Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Products Regret Buying


Hello lovelies I decided to do this post just to let you know my experiences with these products and how I didn’t get along with them, however what didn’t work for me might work for you but some of these products are very disappointing. 

Eyelure Individual Lashes

I had high hopes for these lashes I wanted to put these on the very outside of my eye but they just wouldn’t stick! They kept going side-wards or upside down and I was using tweezers to hold them. Now 80% of this might be down to me not being experienced at putting on individual lashes but I personally think I am quite good at putting lashes on in general but these were a nightmare to put on as they were so flimsy! Also the glue that came with the lashes didn’t help at all. I think that an experienced make up artist could give these lashes justice but from my experience they were such a hassle I think I only managed to put like 4 on and the rest got ruined. 


Bobbie Brown ‘Sandwash’ Palette

This was a very old purchase of mine so I think this may be discontinued now but the eye shadows are just way to glittery plus they crease like anything! I also found that to get a vivid colour you need to layer this on quite a lot as it goes on very faint on the eye when blended. This is also similar to the shimmer brick blushes that I had from Bobbie Brown which was actually stolen from my bag when I was in school but I didn’t miss it! I love Bobbie Brown as a brand as they have loads of products I adore but these were not my favourites. 


Prada 'Amber' Perfume

This was a silly purchase to be honest, who orders perfume online without knowing how it smells like - me! *sigh*. I think I had a promotional voucher and wanted to get a perfume and decided to get this as some of my friends recommended this. When I got it though and sprayed oh my I didn’t like the smell at all, it was very strong and I didn’t really like the mature feel it had as I am more of a fruity kind of perfume girl. The scent of it was very overpowering and strong which may be good thing in perfume for some people but for me it was way too much although if it was a fruity smell I would love it. I haven’t used this since the first day I got it, I just hated wasting my money on it next time I will only purchase perfumes in person. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

I got this thinking that it would be great at controlling my shine as it does claim “12 hour shine control” which isn’t quite true it hardly lasted 1 hour on my skin. I was very disappointed with this product I really hate when products claim something which isn’t exactly true for everyone. I also found that this foundation cakes up nicely it like clings to your blemishes and just makes it stand out more which it horrible. The colour was also way too ashy for my skin tone which made me look like I had a mask on not a good look. 

Olay Essential Wipes

I love Olay products their day fluid is the best! and my whole family use it, based on that I got the wipes as I thought these would be really good I was very wrong they sting my eyes like a bitch! I used them to try take my eye liner off and my eye started burning and they went red it was so painful I didn’t even use them in my water line or nothing it was on my eye lid, I have never used wipes where they made my eyes irritate, even the cheap ones didn’t. Worst thing is that it says this is for sensitive skin which really worries me. I think wipes in general is bad for your skin but they are so easy to use to take your make up off but I need to stop using them as I know its very bad for your skin. 


VIVO Matte Foundation

This product was extremely cheap! It was like £2 I think but the bottle is tiny, which shows you get what you pay for as the foundation was more like a tinted oily moisturizer. I picked this up randomly to mix with foundation but this is way to oily which defeats the purpose of it being a matte foundation. This also broke me out! So I really regretted buying this even though it was so cheap it taught me a lesson not to spend like an idiot on foundation ha. 

Those were all my products I regretted purchasing let me know if you had the same experiences of even different I would love to know 



24 comments:

  1. aaw, it's a shame that these products didn't work out for you :( I had the exact same problem with the Eylure individual lashes, they were honestly IMPOSSIBLE to get on or even get out of the packet without messing them up.. I though it was just me ha ha!
    zara
    x

    lavieenrose-xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad im not alone too haha that is so true its a mission to get it out the packet thing they are a pain to put on xx

      Delete
  2. I TOTALLY agree with you about the Eylure Individual Lashes! I regret getting them so much! Good post x

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and they are such a pain arnt they xx

      Delete
  3. OMG YES! Those Eyelure Individual lashes are awful! I couldn't even get one bloody clump to stick >.<
    It's so annoying wasting money on stuff that you'll never use!
    x

    pippa-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha im so happy im not the only one that couldn't use them, and i know its so sad :( xx

      Delete
  4. I've also had a bad experience with Rimmel foundations (Wake Me Up was my choice). It made my skin so shiny it literally looked as if I had paint on my face, so disappointing! I havent tried the Eyelure individual lashes but love the 101 fake lashes.

    I love your blog layout :) I'm now following you on bloglovin.
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh i havent tried wake me up thats a shame rimmel need to step up their game a bit with the foundations haha and i love their other fake lashes just these ones are a pain :( , aww thankyou xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the products and pictures !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post.. I did a disappointing products one recently too. Prada perfume does not work on me either.. the Bobby Brown palette looks like it wouldn't work for me either.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comments.. xxx
    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou!, and im glad im not the only one that didnt get on with them xxx

      Delete
  7. Great post! I really didn't like the Rimmel foundation either, I have combination skin and it really didn't last on me!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! and i have the same skin type shame the product didnt last like it says :( x

      Delete
  8. Hi
    Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other? (GFC, bloglovin, FB)
    Please let me know and I will follow you back immediately.
    xoxo

    http://narvaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is soooo gorgeous! I want to have a bar like that at the top of my blog hehe! It looks so cute! I really love the Prada Amber perfume, it's beautiful - you should do a blog sale for it :D xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou so much, haha aww your blog is already so pretty, and thats a really good idea i might do that with a few other thigns :D xx

      Delete
  10. I almost did the same things as you last night ordering a perfume online! I came this close to buying this Prada one, but ended up getting the Lady Million, which I had tried in stored and loved! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh I love lady million, im glad you bought a perfume you love :D I shouldav tried it in store too silly me ha xx

      Delete
  11. Aw, you'd really think that a perfume by Prada would be worth the hype too! It's a shame that the Bobbi brown palette isn't too good either as the colours are pretty. Thank you for the comment and follow on Bloglovin'. I'm following you on that too as well as GFC:)xo
    Teeniolect
    Teeniolect on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know i love prada as a brand but this perfume wasnt my favourite xx

      Delete
  12. I love this post!! Really agree with you about those Eyelure individual lashes! I think I once (just the once!) managed to get one lash onto the corner of my eye about 2 years ago then everything else just fell off. The glue which comes with it just seems to make the lash slide of the eye- super annoying but glad I'm not alone on this fact lol!

    xx

    www.CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk | For All Things Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou, haha ahh just the one is good enough i think, im glad too i didnt have the same experience lol xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx