Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Monday, 3 February 2014

Beauty Tips & Tricks I Swear By



Hello lovelies hope your all well today I thought I would share with you some of my beauty tips that I absolutely swear by in my day to day routine. I have picked up these tips from everywhere from my family, talented YouTube beauty gurus and of course bloggers. 

Blot your skin with tissue after applying foundation to reduce/stop oxidation. 
The first tip is actually one of my most important and when I found out about this I was so shocked it worked. I had a real bad time with my foundation oxidizing and going darker (this happens when the foundation mixes with your natural oils) Thanks to the talented Wayne Goss from gossmakeupartist I found a way to combat this and that is by using a simple tissue. 
So what you do is get a thin layer of tissue and blot your skin after applying foundation, it will get rid of the excess oil from the foundation and reduce oxidation of your foundation and believe me this works, it is the smallest thing but made a big difference to how my foundation lasted throughout the day. Now I make sure I blot my skin without fail every day. 

Apply mascara going inwards. 
If you want taller looking lashes apply mascara going inwards rather than outwards as when you apply mascara outwards it makes them appear shorter as they go horizontal, where as applying inwards straightens the lashes thus making them appear longer. 

Use natural house hold products to get rid of spots and cold sores. 
Spots or cold sores? For spots once you first notice redness or the bump leave it alone do not touch it! Instead get a cotton bud and put some toothpaste (tea tree oil works great too) on it to put on the spot, this will dry out the spot making the spot go away faster- but please don't pop it that is the worst thing you can do for your skin and it will leave marks.  

For cold sores I swear by this, as soon as you notice it get some vapour rub (Vicks) and get a cotton bud and place it on the infected area. It will reduce it dramatically (note it may sting but that means its working) 

Clear nail polish to remove old polish. 
This is a new one I learnt, if you have run out of of nail polish remover apply clear nail polish over the top of your old polish and then wipe off after a few seconds, It will remove the old polish.

Use baby/olive oil to remove heavy make up.
Carrying on with the theme where you have just ran out of something, in this case make up remover! What do you do when you have a full face of make up especially waterproof mascara- Use baby oil or olive oil on a cotton pad and it will just melt away all your makeup- but make sure you wash your face directly after as the oil may break you out, if this is the case only use it for eyes.  

Cut split ends without sacrificing length by the twist and cut. 
This tip is for those deadly split ends, rather than chopping your hair short wasting the time you spent growing it cut split ends by twisting your hair and the hairs sticking out are your split ends. This method means you get rid of your split ends and don't sacrifice the length of the hair.

Get fast waves by straightening over your plaited/braided hair. 
I could never get the whole overnight messy waves by doing the plaits thing, I always woke up with bushy hair with kinks in them, only resulting to have to straighten my hair which defeats the purple of a heat-less hair style.
This method of getting nice waves is much fast and easy to do, all you do is plait/braid your hair loosely, I normally do 3 as I have thin hair and also want a more looser wave. Then I just get my straightener and go over the plait a few times and then release the plait and I have those nice beachy waves. To make sure the waves last I use some hairspray and it lasts nearly all day. 

Fix your winged liner with a brush and make up remover. 
If you have messed up your winged liner its really easy to fix it, just get a thin brush put some make up remover on it and in one stroke get rid of the bit where you messed up and you will be left with a perfect wing. 


I hope you picked up some tips or even reminded you of those you already knew, Let me know what your beauty tips and tricks are ^.^


29 comments:

  1. Nice one !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SO helpful omg thank you! I've actually added this post to my favourites it was that helpful! THANK YOU

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww im soo happy to hear that it made my day ^.^ xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh i love those ideas for your hair :) Great tips! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really great tips <3 thank you :)

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love posts like this, lovely tips!
    I always apply mascara to the bottom lashes first so that when you look up you don't rub the mascara from your top lashes to your lid!
    I also swear by the Muji Small cotton buds, they fix any make-up mistake. :)
    chloeridout.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! and thats a brilliant tip! ohh i gotta check them cotton buds out xx

      Delete
  6. I never thought of braiding and then using a straightener! That's genius. Definitely going to give it a try.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When i came across this tip i was quite surprised too but its such a time saver xx

      Delete
  7. Some fab tips here! One tip that I swear by is when Im in a rush and I need to shave my legs and dont have the time etc, I use a body shop body butter and a splash of water and it does the job wonderfully and leaves my legs smooth and moisturised!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, and thats such a clever trick going to use that when im in a rush thankx ^.^ xx

      Delete
  8. Some really helpful tips here, thanks for sharing :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love the tips, I will be using the one about split ends for sure ^-^

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thats great to hear i actually used it today myself ^.^ xx

      Delete
  10. I feel kind of goofy to say that I have never used the brush/makeup remover trick, but I will deff be incorporating it into my routine! Thanks for the tips!

    xo, Rebecca

    wednesdaypress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a bit silly too for not realizing I could do this rather than take everything off xx

      Delete
  11. I will definitely be trying that first tip tomorrow morning! I find a lot of foundation (even more expensive ones) oxidize as the day goes on. Having the wrong colour foundation is not at all attractive, and it's so annoying when you start looking a different colour in the afternoon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i found it so annoying when my foundation color changed but the tissue tip really helped ^.^

      Delete
  12. Awesome tips! It's always nice to pick up a few things you didn't know before. I had actually heard about the first one before though and from Wayne Goss's YouTube channel as well. It's definitely one of my favourite channels to watch! Have a lovely day :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! same here hes one of my top 10 i always watch hes got so many other amazing tips too, and thank-you hope you have a lovely day too ^.^ xx

      Delete
  13. Great post! Thanks for sharing your tips. I really like your blog. I also followed you on GFC! If you have time could you also check my blog out? I'll be greatly appreciated :) xx

    http://kissmesunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx