Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water VS. L’Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Water




Hello lovelies hopes your all well, micellar water has honestly taken over the beauty community, while I am yet to still try bioderma I thought of trying out the more affordable ones first to see if I like them. I have the two most talked about budget micellar waters so I thought it would be good to compare the two as one actually gives twice as much product for the same price of £4.99

I first saw the L’oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Water on many blogs praising it so obviously I had to go out and buy it. I have been using this for the longest out of the two and its nearly finished and I really loved it, it removed my make up and didn't make my skin feel greasy. This contains (200ml) of product costing £4.99 (Its currently on offer at Superdrug for £3.32

The good points..

✔ Does what it says and removes make up, from foundation to that pesky gel liner, although with eye make up it does take a bit longer to take off maybe a extra 2 minutes. It didn't cause me any breakouts, or sting my eye badly (I do experience a tiny bit of stinging but that is only when the pad is really soaked)

The bad points however are.. 

✘ The packaging is really awkward to use as its a rectangle lid and the nozzle is quite large. Putting the water on to the pad gets real messy because a lot comes out and it leads to a lot of product wastage. 

I actually first saw the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water on celeb big brother, you know when they zoom in on different things. I had no idea that Ganier do one and when I went to Boots I saw it and to my surprise it had twice as much product as the L'Oreal one (400ml) and it was the same price! 

The good points..

✔ Same as the L'Oreal one it does the job, takes make up off easily with out irritating the skin or stringing the eyes. 

✔ Love, love love the packaging to this, it is very similar to the famous bioderma and has a cute pink lid along with small nozzle so the water doesn't all come out in one gush, so you can control how much you want out which is great.

The bad.. 

✘ The only bad thing I can say in comparison to the L'Oreal is that it takes slightly longer to feel like all your make up is off if that makes any sense. 

So the winner? For me personally its the Garnier as it gives twice as much product as the L'Oreal one so i don't see the point paying the same amount for the L'Oreal when it does the same job when I can get an extra 200ml with the Garnier, along with the fact that the L'Oreal ones also causes a lot of product wastage where else with the Garnier the packaging is perfect and would last me longer. 
However I do believe that the L'Oreal one takes make up off slightly better than the Ganier but that is just my personal experience and is not that big of a deal to me as all i have to do is spend a few minutes more cleansing my face. 

Have you tried any of these micellar waters and what are your thoughts? 


19 comments:

  1. These two products are so amazing !
    Giveaway on my blog, win a Vichy skincare product
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! I didn't like the loreal one much. Need to try the Garnier.

    Katie Loves | UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    BlogLovin' : Katie Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! You wont regret it :) xx

      Delete
  3. I would love to try both of these! Your photos are so gorgeous by the way, ahh ^-^

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great comparison! I've been looking at trying these as an alternative for Bioderma so this was a great read xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Garnier one is sold out everywhere :/ I was in Superdrug yesterday and someone was browsing the make up removers with the last bottle in her hand. She didn't put it back and choose another though :(
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh no i hate when that happens the only solution is ordering online i guess :( xx

      Delete
  7. I absolutely adore bioderma but its just so hard to get hold of. It can be a real pain having to wait for it to be delivered! I really want to try the garnier version. x

    duggydimples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that has to be the downside to bioderma, but i dont think you will regret trying the garnier :) x

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried any but I guess I would go for the Garnier first x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you wont regret it, it really does the job :) x

      Delete
  9. Woaw! Your blog is sooo pretty! I also think I'm going to try the Garnier first xx
    Following you on Bloglovin' now :-)

    Have a nice day!

    - C:ndy
    http://www.mazedays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how detailed this post is!
    I haven't tried the L'Oreal one, but I am using the Garnier one at the moment and I am loving this product!
    Jess x x

    ABEAUTIFULSECRET GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx