Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Is It The Secret To Clear Skin? La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+]




Hello lovelies, this post is going to be all about the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] and my experience with the cream. A couple of months ago I started breaking out, I had no idea why I was since my skin is thankfully not spot prone. Since childhood I had been blessed with clear skin, with only the odd spot here and there which just makes us all human. Lately though I had woken up to quite a scare with quite a few big, red spots.  I had tried everything in my stash and nothing was making it better. 

At this time the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] was making its round around the blogs with high praises making it seem like a miracle product. I did see a few negative reviews but the majority only had incredible things to say, with some before and after pictures too along with La Roche-Posay’s claim for ‘clearer skin or your money back’ which sold me. If you happen not to know about this cream it is basically an anti blemish cream, which claims to prevent spots, unclog skin and heal breakouts with a special ingredient that helps to clear dark marks after breakouts. 

Before I start bare with me since this is quite an up and down review, I just want to tell you exactly my experience with this cream. First off the packaging is really nice, it has a small pointed nozzle to get the product out. The cream is a white gel like moisturizer texture. 

Applying the cream?

The first major thing that I experienced when I first applied this cream on to the face was the stinging. My god it hurt where the cream came in contact with my spots, my first reaction to putting this on was “fu*k this is stinging” which was quite a shock to me. I did read some reviews where people did say it was stinging too the first time, so I just assumed it was working straight away and my skin just needs to get used to it. (Btw the stinging is not very bad but you can definitely feel it but it was my personal experience so it may not happen to everyone) 

The stinging went after a few minutes and my face felt very smooth and oil free which I was impressed by and happy that I endured that stinging for something good. I love the texture and it would be perfect under make up and does make to be a good pre-primer.  

Now back to the stinging, I had thought it would only sting for the first time applying the cream but I was wrong. Up till maybe the 9th time applying the cream it still stung where it came in contact with my spots. 

The results? 

So by the 9th time I had gotten used to the stinging and it actually decreased slowly.  The results however for the first two days was that it actually made my skin worse. Yes it made my spots bigger but it dried it up if that makes sense which looked awful and was a pain to conceal, it sort of scabbed up the spot.  

But.. A few days later there was a dramatic difference in my skin, my spots had gone down a lot and the redness had gone down as well, leaving me with smaller dried up scabby spots. At this point as gross as it sounds I had to peel the scab away to reveal a tiny spot. This all happened in the space of 2-5 days. Now I really don't get the process of this cream on my skin because I had not read the cream doing this to other peoples skin, when reading other blogs. But in the end it worked so I wasn't too fussed. 

I continued to apply the Effaclar Duo [+] morning and night. By the end of day 8 it did heal the spots I had with no stinging, my spots had leveled down with only the sign of the dark marks where the spots were, so in the end the product did live up to it’s spot fighting claim. 

So did it clear the dark marks left by the spots?

Hmm it didn’t entirely do that, it has been a month of using this product and I believe that it has made the scaring from my spots slightly lighter but that is all. I can still see where all my spots were. So sadly I don’t think this new ingredient they put it worked with my skin.  But since the product did heal my skin I am going to continue using this and see if it makes the marks go. 

Overall my little summery is.. 

It is a great product, and it lives up to its claim as a spot fighting cream but it’s not a miracle cream and it really depends on your skin if it will do wonders for you or be a good staple in your skin care to use at a steady rate like how I use it to prevent spots and control oily skin. 

Have you tried the Effaclar Duo [+] What are your thoughts? 

11 comments:

  1. Seems like such a great product !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try it out! love your blog design by the way :)
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
  3. love!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent tried this cream but I do use this make, they do a great cream/gel for rosecea and red skin and I love it! amazing brand :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that sounds good i love the brand too xx

      Delete
  5. Oh this looks incredible and I love your blogs theme!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it. Manchas na Pele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx