Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Thursday, 24 July 2014

An Ode To Dry Shampoo

Hello lovelies hope your all well, dry shampoo has been a hair savior of mine from the very day I discovered it. It has always saved my hair life on those lazy (aka greasy) morning days when my hair is just so flat and lifeless. However now that I have coloured hair I reach for my dry shampoos even more now since washing it every day makes my colour fade more.

Most times I will spray dry shampoo on my hair by sectioning the hair vertically and spraying from a distance. I will then leave it in the hair for about 1 min or 2 just so that the product soaks up all the oil. 

I then get a big brush and brush out my hair from the roots making sure to brush up rather than down. 


If I see any white chalky bits left I just simply spray on some leave in conditioner and it takes the white stuff away. 




Batiste Dry Shampoo has to be my favourite dry shampoo till I find something better, out of the ones I have tried this one is the most effective in getting rid of the oil and making it stay non-oily too. The other dry shampoos I have tried they tend to soak up all the oil but mid way through the day my hair just looks worse. 

I go through cans and cans of Batist and my favourite has to be the cherry one and the tropical one. I also carry a miniature version of Batiste in my bag and it always comes in handy. 

Are you a huge fan of dry shampoo like me? 


16 comments:

  1. This dry shampoo has saved me so many times! One of my favourites :)

    The Sunday Chapter
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It always saves me on a late morning xx

      Delete
  2. I love dry shampoo too, it's a lifesaver. It's really good for sucking up oil and smells delicious! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. defo a life saver! and the smell is such a bonus! xx

      Delete
  3. Never tried dry shampoo ! Sounds good !


    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best thing to do is spray it the night before so it has time to absorb the oils over night xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow never thought of that will try it thank you for the tip! xx

      Delete
  5. I've never been a fan of dry shampoo due to the white powder it leaves in your hair. I always found it impossible to get out so I looked like an OAP. Maybe it's time to give it a second chance though.
    http://elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com/2014/07/ps-i-love.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is defo the downside to dry shampoo, they do some that match your hair colour now xx

      Delete
  6. I don't even know how I coped without dry shampoo, it's easily one of my favourite beauty products!
    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here it is such an essential xx

      Delete
  7. I always keep a bottle of dry shampoo around :) It's great to limit washes and maintain the colour in my hair.

    ~ K

    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. defo its such a life saver for me since i coloured my hair! xx

      Delete
  8. The Batiste Dry Shampoo is amazing and I love the scent! It is for sure my favorite :)

    Michelle from www.glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must try it :)

    I would like to invite you to my giveaway on my blog YOKO NGUYEN BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx