Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr Twitter

Friday, 11 July 2014

Current Summer Go To Base ☼


Hello lovelies, hope your all well. We are right in the middle of summer at the moment (well UK summer) and I have found myself reaching for the same base products as my little base routine makes sure that my foundation doesn't budge or slide off my face in the hot weather. 

I have also found myself doing certain things which make my foundation last longer, and that is mixing my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation together with the Collection Concealer. Now I love my Nars Sheer Glow on its own but in the summer days and my oily skin it does tend to slide off, but once I mixed in a tiny bit of the Collection concealer it made a massive difference since the concealer is quite matte and thick and changed the texture of the foundation. Doing this definitely made my foundation last longer as well.  

The next thing I do is go in with my under eye concealer and that is the MAC Studio Finish Concealer, I have terrible dark circles and this is the only thing close in my make up collection that actually makes a difference in concealing those dark semi-circles. I found the best way to apply under eye concealer is to use less and only applying it in the inner corner in a V shape.  

To set it all off I am lovinnnnn' my Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder, I remember picking this up as a 'temporary' powder until I find a better one, but since then I haven't looked back and this is definitely far from my temporary powder as you can tell from how much I have used it. The powder really is a savior for oily skin and sets the make up in a nice matte finish. Although sometimes this can look a tad bit too matte for summer this is where the final product comes in my base routine. 

The Boujous Cream Blush in {Tropical Coral} is a beautiful coral blush and just makes you look so healthy and glowy. I think this blush would suit all skin types and its so pretty on. Although its a cream blush it dries to a matte finish and the shimmer in the blush can only be seen in the sunlight so this is a must see when you go to your local Boujous stand. 

I would love to know what base product you have been loving this summer?

21 comments:

  1. Sounds gorgeous! I love your blog layout, it's so pretty! xo
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makeup look !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cream blushes at the moment! Also I have to try pairing Nars sheer glow with the collection concealer. Great tip, thankyou! x

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really fallen in love with them, thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  4. ive wanted to try some of the NARS bases for a while but nothing really stands out. mayve the tinted moisturizer? i'll have to pop by a nars counter and really explore them
    as for the collection concealer. that thing is so hyped and it all sounds legit! i wish i could get one here in canada.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same before I visited the counter trying on the products really changed my mind, aww no thats a shame maybe you can get it online some how? xx

      Delete
  5. I really love your blog, great pictures! The blusher looks so beautiful!

    My Makeup Mémoire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh lovely makeup, thanks for sharing! :)

    I have a new blog post up, so would love to know your thoughts! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I couldn't pay attention to the post because I WAS MESMERIZED BY YOUR PHOTOS. ANd what the what...Bourjois has new cream blushes? This is brand new information, considering I love the formula of those things + I love corals too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thats really sweet of you to say thankyou! ^.^ thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  8. Mac and nars are amazing!!! Love the products!
    xx
    Mia


    www.ssenescence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blush looks lovely. I've been itching to try the Sheer Glow but can't bring myself to pay for it haha. Gorgeous photos! New follower here x

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blush looks so pretty! That's so clever to mix the foundation with concealer. I'm going to experiment doing that. Thanks x
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, feel free to ask me anything :) Don't be shy to leave your link below and I will check you out xx